Tuesday, January 09, 2007


I saved some money today. Oh boy. This is gonna be hard to explain.
Somebody gave me futureshop gift card which can only be used at retail stores, not online.
So on their website, 512 MB ipod shuffle was on sale for $50 but I wanted to use gift card so I couldn't buy it since it was only Web-only deal.

But I went to Metrotown futureshop, and saw open-box 512 MB ipod shuffle without head-phone on sale for $72. Now, it is crazy for me to pay $72 me knowing it's on sale for $50 which I can't buy with a gift card.

So I bargained with the futureshop guy. First, he was willing to give it to me 10% off from $72. Now, that's still expensive. I asked him to talk to the manager. After a talk with his manager, he was willing to give it to me for $72 with ear phone ($15). I'm still no happy. I was about to go away but stayed. I told him I will get it for $50 with the ear phone. So I asked him to ask manager again the second time. Now, the manager changed the price of the ipod shuffle in the database for $35. So I got 512 MB ipod shuffle open box (without headphone) with ear phone ($15) for $50. Now, I'm happy. ^^

Now, this is how you shop. Praise God! I prayed before going and he answered my prayer. Anyways, that's how my day went with work and met some dear friend.

Thanks for reading! ^^

2 comments:

  1. altough its ipod, i'm still happy for you, that you're happy. three cheers for semi-haggling!

    ReplyDelete