Friday, June 08, 2007


GOLDEN RULE

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." — Jesus (c. 5 B.C.E. - C.E. 32 ) in the Gospels, Matthew 7:12, Matthew 22:39, Luke 6:31, Luke 10:27

I think many of us, especially me, does not recognize this command from the Lord. I want to focus this verse on illegal downloading. I have downloading ever since I started internet like music, programs, games, movies, etc. But one day I was watching a video on people making a video game (I believe the people were from EA) and I thought to myself, "Wow! They put so much effort into making a video game." And it looked so complicated too! And I thought about myself illegally downloading so many things and my conscience said no more. That happened quiet a while ago and I don't do illegal download anymore except when I downloaded this music of Korean singer which I have deleted. I've even changed my ADSL to a lite version so my bandwidth have a limit and it's much slower.

So I want to encourage everybody who downloads illegally to watch or see the effort that goes into people making things and I don't think I want people to get the stuff I so much put effort into it for free. I think to show the appreciation it is at least to pay for the things. And especially we are Christians, and I don't think God wants us to ignore the GOLDEN RULE. Let us obtain things with a good conscience.

ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD = STEALING

Anyways, no more say aout illegal downloading. I am so encouranged in the Word of God from JOHN PIPER. His perspective on God's Word is so powerful! I want to study theology! T.T God's Word is so powerful!!! I better read more bible. Not doing daily bible reading for a while and other things as well. I hope that you get encouraged by the Word of God preached by John Piper from his ministry, desiringGod.org and even available on itune podcast as desiring God video and audio.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Eddie! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Illegal downloading should not be done for several reasons, such as:
    It's illegal, and Jesus (and other parts in the Bible) told us to be subject to the authorities and governments placed above us (so we should obey the law).

    It bears bad testimony about us to other Christians or non-Christians.

    And, yeah, it's stealing. And even if it happens to be stealing against a big company, then: 1) it's still stealing and taking what doesn't belong to you (i.e. the intellectual property rights); and 2) it will hurt other people, even if indirectly, by taking away from shareholders, and/or the artists themselves, and/or the employees of that company.

    Ok, I'm done. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't download anything that is in production , I like to support the artists I like in hopes they will produce more content....

    that being said, some games aren't being published anymore, certain books, and all kinds of things, it's not so much a money issue there as it is of availability....

    some stuff you just don't have the option of buying, so theres two sides to this..... int's not all about greed

    ReplyDelete