Wednesday, October 25, 2006



My current wallpaper^^

I'm learning so much these days specifically in God's word. I am so drawn into learning the Word especially book of Romans and Hebrews.

As I am leading bible study which so far we talked about
ASSURANCE, CONFESSION, HOLY SPIRIT & SEEKING THE LOST
I am regaining what I know and should have. Even though I lack many things, I'm constantly in learning mode.

I was most enlightened in SEEKING THE LOST having the heart of the Father. I must watch myself not to become like the Pharisees and the teachers of the law. Also, from the book 'The Master Plan of Evangelism' by Rober E. Coleman, I'm learning what discipleship is all about it. Even from the Calgary Project, I was starting to taste the discipleship, and was constantly in question of discipleship, and so glad that I'm learning this. I always thought there was something my previous pastor (David Oh) did for me that helped my growth. And the conclusion can be no other than discipleship.

And there is not a pastor who will do that these days especially in my church. So far from the book, we talked about selection, and association.

These days, I'm struggling myself because of my church. There are few reasons. (Details I'll explain in person if you want to know)
(1) Adult service is church's main concern (or it seems)
(2) Discipleship
(3) Solves solutions by creating another problems
I feel like Martin Luther from the movie Luther where he is struggling from his discovery. Please pray for my church as we seem to have some problems. Also, there's so much legalism I feel in my church and hopefully I better watch myself not to become one or change if I already am. I feel like I'm being arrogant of pointing out these things of my church but I do hope for the best for my church.

But I'm thankful I'm learning so much. Constantly, I'm being challenged of my faith and the knowledge of God and His Son Christ Jesus(John 17:3) and His Word (well, Word = JC according to John 1:1 ^^).

Want to say more but enough for today. I'm constantly in thinking mode. But most of all, know the word, have the heart of the Father, and acting upon it is priority at this second. God loves you!

2 comments:

  1. come to our church, ed, you know you want to. JK :) No church is perfect that's for sure. Sometimes because in C4C we were given a vision but has no opportunity to implement that in our church, which may cause some frustration. But I believe this, eddie, that you are of great value to your church, I'll pray that one day the church will open the channel to hear peoples concerns, and as long as we remain faithful, God will move in and through us.

    hope you could have better time at church though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. although I agree with you my bro,
    Church's primary function is is somewhat different from other Christian organizations such as Campus Crusade. Our church especially requires a bit more of growing up to do...we are still baby church...in internal sense.
    Anyhow...
    all's a church, isn't it?
    End of my rumbling...i didn't even read your comment properly anyway.
    Be not only a good christian, be a good family member, as a result, you shall be a maturer X'tian. Be a good fam. member, meaning do some chores man~~hehehe

    ReplyDelete